Dystonia Europe was formed in 1993 as European Dystonia Federation — the European umbrella organisation for national dystonia groups.
From 2012, Dystonia Europe has become the platform at the European level for all dystonia stakeholders, to benefit patients and their families by promoting more interest in dystonia and by working together with
- patient advocacy groups
- medical and healthcare specialists, and researchers
- pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- individuals working at the pan-European level
The aims of Dystonia Europe are to provide an international platform at the European level that will
- provide the possibilities for members to add value to their own activities and services, and to improve the lives of people living with dystonia.
- stimulate research for more effective treatment and, ultimately, to find a cure.