On Tuesday 7 July the kick-off meeting of the EurDyscover Consortium took place on Zoom.
Coordinator is the University Hospital of Würzburg, Neurology department, and Jens Volkmann and Chi Wang Ip.
Other partners in the consortium are:
• Antonio Pisani, IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Laboratory of Neurophysiology and Plasticity, Rome, Italy
• Albino Oliveira-Maia, Fundação D. Anna Sommer Champalimaud e Dr. Carlos Montez Champalimaud, Champalimaud Research, Lisbon, Portugal
• Andrea Kühn, Charité, University Medicine Berlin, Dept. of Neurology, Movement Disorder and Neuromodulation Unit, Berlin, Germany
• Robert Jech, Department of Neurology, Charles University, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
• Marie Vidailhet, Department of Neurology, and ICM research Center, Hôpital Salpêtrière, Paris, France
By using multiple methods, translational approach and transnational collaboration the consortium aims to discover the pathophysiology of dystonia – role of gene-environment interaction and common pathophysiological pathways. Learn more about the 3-year-project here.
The consortium is funded by a grant of the European Joint Programme for Rare Diseases and was one of 11 successful applications of a total of 217 applicants.
The funding is 1,6 million € over three years.
Dystonia Europe is very much looking forward to be part of the EurDyscover research network and will support the consortium with education and information of its work, recruitement of patients for trials etc.